The holiday season is upon us. It can be overwhelming just thinking about what to give those you love. We often get caught up in the latest deals or looking for the hot toy on every kid’s list. But giving doesn’t need to mean toys or electronics. Take a step back and think outside the big box stores. Give the gift of experiences. Whether it is spending time together as a family or giving your Girl Scout an opportunity to learn, we’re here to help you collect moments, not things, this holiday season!
1. Membership - If there’s a girl in your life who isn’t already a Girl Scout, now is the perfect time to get her started. We accept all girls in grades K-12 and it’s never too late to join. There’s no better gift than one that helps her unleash her leadership potential. A Girl Scout membership will open her up to world to endless possibilities filled with new friendships, activities, and getting outside her comfort-zone. Get her started today.
2. Explore the Great Outdoors - Help her disconnect from the digital world and get outdoors. It’s not too soon to think about how she can spend her summer days. Give the gift of Girl Scout Summer Camp this holiday season. She’ll try new activities, face exciting challenges, and take safe risks while exploring the great outdoors and gaining confidence in herself. Learn more about our Summer Camps.
3. 2023 National Convention, All Ages | Orlando, July 20 – 22 - Girl Scouts from across the country and around the world and those who believe in our mission gather every three years for convention. The 2023 Girl Scout convention will be taking place July 18–22, 2023 at Walt Disney World® Resort in Lake Buena Vista, FL. It consists of two events over the course of nearly a week: the 56th National Council Session and Phenom by Girl Scouts. Learn More
4. GS Tree Promise Tree Planting, All Ages | Callaway, January 21 - Join us for this important and impactful event! As Part of Gateway Council's pledge to the Girl Scout Tree Promise you will be helping to plant 645 trees at the Brittany Woods Park. Register Now
5. Robotics 2 with Shiva Robotics Academy, Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors | Jacksonville, January 11 - Girl Scouts learn Drag and Drop Block-based coding to program Sensor and Motor, and to change motor speeds, turn the robot and make the robot move forwards and backward. Register Now
6. Automotive Engineering with Brumos, Brownies & Juniors| Jacksonville, January 14 - Automotive experts will guide you through all three Automotive badges where you will explore the history of the vehicle, learn about automotive design criteria, and sketch and sculpt your own vehicle model! Together we will: explore, learn, build, test and share your vehicle prototype! Girl Scouts will dig into the process of manufacturing and create our very own production line! Register Now
7. First Aid/CPR/AED Certification, Seniors & Ambassadors | Panama City, March 4 - This course will prepare you to recognize and provide care in a variety of first aid, breathing, and cardiac emergencies involving adults, children, and infants; the course meets OSHA/workplace requirements. Register Now
8. Girl Scout Health Explorers, Brownies, Juniors, Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors | Jacksonville Great for girls who are interested in pursuing a career in medicine, this program includes hands-only CPR and Stop the Bleed. Register Now
9. Junior Lock in Series – Digital Art Badges, Juniors | High Springs, March 31 – April 1– bring a friend to this event where you’ll earn your Digital Art Badges! Register Now (Don’t miss the next event in the series, where you complete a service project and celebrate with an ice cream party!)
10. Wild About Wildflowers, Brownies & Juniors | Fernandina, April 1 - Explore the importance of wildflowers for pollinators such as bees and butterflies. Discover some common Florida wildflowers and plant seeds to nurture and promote nature’s beauty and development. Learn how pollination works between plants and animals. Register Now